Who We Are
The CNS - Campus Neurológico was purpose-built to provide patients and their families and caregivers with a space where they can find a multidisciplinary approach, specialized in neurological diseases, mainly, but not exclusively, in the field of Parkinson's disease, stroke, and Alzheimer's disease.
Additionally, through the CNS Science and CNS Academy units, the CNS seeks to combine clinical excellence with quality research projects and the training of healthcare professionals and educational sessions for the general public.
The CNS's mission is to improve the quality of life and autonomy of its patients, using a specialized multidisciplinary approach, carried out by qualified healthcare professionals in collaboration with family members and caregivers. It also has the purpose of training patients and families, making them an integral part of the clinical decision process.
The CNS positions itself as a unique space in the area of neurological diseases in Portugal and Europe. The CNS brings together a specialized multidisciplinary clinical excellence with academic and training activities.
As a way to operationalize our mission and vision, CNS employees respect and transmit the following values, in all their duties by:
- Ensuring the humanization of care
- Providing quality health care
- Valuing and respecting the patient's autonomy, human dignity, and cultural diversity
- Collaborating with family members, caregivers, and other healthcare professionals
- Integrating and complementing skills and services provided to benefit patients and their family members
- Valuing training
- Enhancing the merits of clinical research